Essential oils are a new trend in the pursuit of improving our health and wellbeing as studies have shown that aromatherapy can provide many benefits to the human body and mind. Many of these essential oils can be mixed to help target and alleviate different problems. This article has been written to give you a brief look at the different popular essential oils available on the market and find out some of their benefits.
Most of us today live a life that is imbalanced, whether this is due to our food habits, work, mental stress or physical illnesses. And to live life to the fullest, we need to help our body and mind become centered and balanced, which is where essential oils come in.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential Oils in aromatherapy can help improve your mental and physical health and wellbeing by restoring your inner balance. These essential oils are extracted from natural sources like plant blossoms, seeds, roots, and leaves. Most of the time, they are not chemically processed which ensures that the active ingredients in the components are not damaged or destroyed.
It is the many active ingredients in the essential oils that work to improve your health and wellbeing when you use aromatherapy oils. Some oils help calm your mind and ease emotional turmoil while others help strengthen your body’s natural healing process.
Popular Essential Oils And Their Benefits:
Here, we have compiled a list of 20 essential oils that you should consider using if you have the corresponding problem and ailment.
- Sage: Found to reduce anxiety while being helpful for women experiencing hot flashes and labor pains.
- Neroli: Enhances concentration and reduces stress while helping to improve optimism.
- Marjoram: Provides soothing for grief, allergy congestion, and arthritis pain.
- Ginger: Improves heartburn symptoms and digestion while being a mild laxative.
- Spearmint: Improves mental health and wellbeing by boosting creativity and alleviating exhaustion.
- Grapefruit: Helps stimulate blood circulation, metabolism, and natural weight loss.
- Bergamot: Combats mental stress, negativity, and anger while regulating metabolism.
- Eucalyptus: Found to work against sinus and nasal congestion as well as combating fevers.
- Rose: Helps reduce worrying and stress while working against hormone headaches and hangovers.
- Basil: Improves memory and mental health while helping to reduce depression and stress.
- Peppermint: Works against hunger headaches and body aches while easing fevers.
- Sandalwood: Improves sex drive while helping to suppress fear and inhibitions while improving sleep patterns as well.
- Ylang Ylang: Helps give you a feeling of euphoria and enhances your sexuality.
- Patchouli: Improves emotional health by boosting self-confidence and combating apathy and indecision.
- Jasmine: Improves breast milk production while combating impotence and frigidity.
- Lavender: Works to reduce pain while helping minimize tension or migraine headaches and easing sunstroke.
- Chamomille: Can help reduce infant colic while calming skin inflammations from insect bites and burns.
- Vanilla: Helps relieve menstrual cramps and ease a child’s fears by relaxing and calming the mind and body.
- Frankincense: Improves your respiratory system by helping to break up the phlegm.
- Lemon: Combats nervous tensions while helping to relax the mind and working as a natural sedative scent.
Our Recommendation Regarding Essential Oils:
Our researchers and writers have some experience with using essential oils for their therapeutic benefits including Patchouli, Lemon, and Basil. This is why we can heartily recommend this method or therapy if you have some problems, especially if they involve emotional or mental issues. Falling asleep easier and getting quality sleep can be beneficial for most of us and some of these oils can genuinely help in that sense.
If you are interested in buying these essential oils, you can find them online or at your local health stores. A tip when purchasing essential oils is to order one and find out how effective it is before buying a full set. Also, take a look at the product’s concentration of active ingredients in the oil as some cheaper products dilute their oils with additives to increase volume and maximize their profit at your expense. And last but not least, do your research before choosing any one product as a few minutes of surfing the web can help prevent you from wasting your time and money on a subpar product.Modified on