Peptides for bodybuilding has become quite a common phrase in the bodybuilding community lately, and with good reason too.
According to an online survey, it’s found that more and more people are now switching to peptides because of the superior bodybuilding benefits and longer lasting results.
In this article, we will be evaluating the use of peptides for bodybuilding and whether you should be considering the use of peptides to get ripped and cut or if your current supplements and pills are sufficient.
- 1 What Are Peptides?
- 2 Why Do People Use Peptides For Bodybuilding?
- 3 How Do Peptides And Steroid Hormones Compare?
- 4 Types Of Peptides For Bodybuilding
- 5 How To Use Peptides For Bodybuilding?
- 6 Benefits Of Peptides For Bodybuilding:
- 7 Is Taking Peptides For Bodybuilding Safe?
- 8 Peptides Bodybuilding Results:
- 9 Are Peptides Legal?
- 10 Can You Buy Peptides For Bodybuilding Online?
What Are Peptides?
A peptide chain is made up of 50 or fewer amino acids linked with an amino carboxyl end. While many use Peptides and Proteins interchangeably, it is understood that proteins can contain more than 50 amino acids in their chains while peptides are limited to 50.
Why Do People Use Peptides For Bodybuilding?
As for why bodybuilders use peptides, it is to increase hormone production, provide superior muscle growth, stimulate faster recovery, and supercharge their strength.
Some studies also claim that peptides may also increase the body’s ability to boost the production of testosterone.
One of the biggest reasons people like to use peptides is that they help improve the availability of oxygenated blood to the muscle cells. This helps you recover faster, while also boosting your endurance and stamina.
Another bonus with peptides for those who work out is its ability to enhance the body’s ability to burn fat.
How Do Peptides And Steroid Hormones Compare?
Steroids are artificially created hormones, mostly testosterone, which is injected into the body to help improve the body’s ability to increase exercise performance and workout efficiency. Experts who use steroids correctly can get buff and ripped in a matter of weeks.
However, there are some serious side effects of using steroids that include shrunken testicles, hair loss, acne, and man-boobs. While these side effects are caused when the steroids are abused, they are quite common as steroids can also be addictive.
Peptides, on the other hand, haven’t been found to be addictive while still providing similar benefits to their steroid-counterparts. The bodybuilding benefits are similar to those of the steroids, but when it comes to the safety of the products, peptides are considered to be much safer.
Types Of Peptides For Bodybuilding
There are many types of peptides that have been found and designed over the years with different peptides providing different results in bodybuilding.
I have provided a list of the most well-known peptides in the market along with a short description on each one:
Growth Hormone Releasing Hormones (GHRH):
These peptides help produce growth hormones in the body, improving muscle growth and fat burn.
The most common examples of GHRH include:
- CJC 1295 DAC: This one has a long half-life of about a week and improves metabolism and muscle gain.
- Sermorelin: Great for anti-aging as well as muscle growth and HGH secretion.
- Modified GRF (1-29): This is great for those looking to increase fat burn and muscle growth while slowing down aging and improving sleep.
- HGH Fragment 176-191: This can be used to improve fat burn and muscle growth along with some anti-aging benefits.
Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides (GHRP):
These peptides help boost GH production quickly and can be used at any time with minimal delay in seeing results.
The most common examples of GHRP include:
- GHRP-6: This helps boost GH levels while improving recovery and fighting inflammation. It also helps with weight loss, anti-aging, and muscle gain.
- Ipamorelin: This helps boost GH production while stimulating the pituitary gland. The lack of increase in cortisol and prolactin also makes this a favorite.
- GHRP-2: This provides similar results to the GHRP-6, but without the same increase in appetite. It is also more effective at boosting lean muscle mass.
- Hexarelin: This one helps with fat burn, anti-aging, and muscle building while boosting GH release.
Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1):
This type of peptides helps boost insulin-like growth in the muscles. This peptide is one of the most popular ones that are used today.
The most common examples of IGF-1 include:
- Mechano Growth Factor (With PEG): This peptide helps cell regeneration while improving GH levels and boosting fatigue recovery.
- IGF-1 LR3: This is the most common version of IGF-1 and has 13 more amino acids to the standard IGF-1. This helps improve performance while reducing half-life.
How To Use Peptides For Bodybuilding?
Peptides are often sold in the form of a fine white powder that needs to be reconstituted with medical grade saline or bacteriostatic water before being injected either intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
Benefits Of Peptides For Bodybuilding:
The reason bodybuilders use peptides is that of the many bodybuilding benefits that certain peptides provide the user.
Here I have compiled a short list of the most popular benefits of peptides:
- Faster Recovery: Peptides help improve recovery from fatigue by boosting oxygenated blood flow to the muscles.
- Enhanced Hormone Secretion: They are primarily used to increase the production of Growth Hormones (GH) in the body.
- Improved Muscle Growth: The rise in HGH levels allows more lean muscle mass to be created, improving muscle gain.
- Enhanced Fat Burn: The rapid increase in muscle growth can be sustained because peptides help burn fat to create additional usable energy.
- Improved Endurance And Stamina: The increase in energy and oxygenated blood to the cells helps boost recover while improving stamina and endurance in users.
- Increased Strength: The lean muscle growth along with the boost in GH levels, energy, and endurance allows for improved muscle strength.
Is Taking Peptides For Bodybuilding Safe?
According to the users of peptides, when taken with care and with the right dosage, no side effects should be expected. However, it is said that it’s best not to eat anything 30 minutes before and after the dosage as to prevent the food from degrading the peptides.
Peptides Bodybuilding Results:
Thousands of men and women use peptides to gain faster bodybuilding results. Many of them would like to advertise it on the internet but have to do so anonymously due to the laws in their country.
Here are a few people (names have been changed) who have used peptides:
Stone from Liverpool says:
“I started taking sermorelin a few years ago when I was just starting my amateur bodybuilding career. While I no longer participate in competitions, I have managed to maintain my ripped physique even after reaching 39 last month.”
Dave from Texas says:
“When I first heard of peptides, I thought it was going to cause me the same issues as I had with Clenbuterol that I used to take. However, after the first few months, I realized that I didn’t feel any side effects in the time I was taking peptides.”
Are Peptides Legal?
Peptides are only legal in the US (and most other countries) if prescribed by a certified doctor. They can also be purchased online if the user is going to conduct research and tests with them.
However, many people order these products online which are only for research and use the peptides on themselves. This workaround is widespread and most peptides that are sold online come with this disclaimer.
Can You Buy Peptides For Bodybuilding Online?
Yes, many popular peptide brands can be available online. The internet is actually where these products can be found as you require a prescription to purchase them at the pharmacy.
However, do keep in mind that many sites cater to providing peptides but only a few give the best quality peptides for bodybuilding.
Mikael is a health nutrition expert and loves mountain biking. Mikael started his health product research journey about 6 years ago and still loves doing it. Apart from spending time on his study, research & literature, he plays basketball regularly and is a fitness freak. Follow me on Linkedin