Our skin is what separates our delicate organs from the environment, making it very important to our survival and healthy life. Unfortunately, the skin is susceptible to damage and infections which can cause warts to appear. These warts can be ugly and embarrassing to be seen with, which is why many people prefer to get rid of them at home. Skin tags and moles are some other blemishes which many men and women prefer to get rid of at home.
So, we at beautytohealth.com have compiled a list of different ways to remove skin tags, moles, and warts at home:
How To Remove Skin Tags At Home?
For our earlier article on Skin Tags, you may remember that skin tags are generally found in areas of skin that experience friction regularly which includes the neck, underarms, eyelids and the upper chest. Professional methods include Electrosurgery or Cryotherapy where they burn or freeze the skin tags to remove them. However, these can be somewhat expensive which is why we have compiled a list of home remedies for skin tag removal:
- Tea Tree Oil: This is a very safe method of removing skin tags and is ideal for sensitive areas like the eyelids. Take a cotton ball soaked in water and add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil on the cotton ball. Now, dab the skin tag with the cotton ball and cover it up with a bandage.
- Baking Soda And Castor Oil: Just mix some baking soda and castor oil into a thick paste which should be applied to the skin tags. Cover the skin tags with a bandage and repeat the process a few times a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: All you have to do is apply the skin tags with a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar every few hours. Do this every day for a week or two, and the skin tag should soon fall off naturally.
How To Remove Moles At Home?
Moles can at times be considered beauty marks but are more often seen as being unattractive and something that should be removed as soon as possible. Surgery and Electrosurgery are the preferred methods of getting rid of moles by the professional dermatologist, but if you want the home remedies for removing moles, here they are:
- Castor Oil And Baking Soda: If you have a mole that you want to get rid of, apply it with a paste made from baking soda and castor oil. Leave the mixture on the mole and cover it with a bandage overnight. Do this every night to watch the mole darken and fall off on its own.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apply your offending mole with a cotton ball that is soaked in apple cider vinegar and leave it on overnight by wrapping it with a bandage. Do this every day and the mole should fall off soon.
- Garlic: Apply garlic extract or garlic on the mole while making sure that the surrounding skin is covered with petroleum jelly or masking tape. Cover the mole with a bandage for a few hours every day.
How To Remove Warts At Home?
Warts are usually considered very nasty and cause hideous bumps and discolored skin due to the viral infection in the wound. The professional method of removing warts includes using surgery or a chemical peel which can be expensive and sometimes painful. However, the home remedies for removing warts include the following:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak the Apple cider vinegar in a cotton ball and apply it to the wart, leaving it overnight to be covered with a bandage.
- Pure Raw Honey: Some experts claim that if you use pure raw honey to cover the wart and leave it wrapped in a bandage overnight, it will be removed and may never return.
- Garlic Juice: If you want to see your warts disappear in a few weeks, apply some garlic juice or crushed garlic on it and apply a bandage overnight.
- Bananas: Take a banana peel and rub the wart with it daily for a few weeks and you will see your wart being eliminated.
The Conclusion On Removing Skin Tags, Moles, And Warts At Home:
If you have skin tags, moles or warts that you want to get rid of, these simple home remedies can be very effective. However, it should be known that these methods can take some time for results to show. If you are in a hurry and want to get rid of the blemishes, you can contact your dermatologist for one of the medical procedures that are most suited for your condition.
If you wish to read more on the professional methods of removing skin tags, moles and warts as well as additional information on each, read our article on Skin Tags, Moles And How To Get Rid Of Them.
Michelle is the senior most expert who writes for this website. After completing her graduation and 10+ years of practice, Michelle has been involved and known for a lot of her philanthropy work. Michelle loves spending time researching and writing her papers. She occasionally writes for us and we are extremely proud to have her as one of our editors. Follow me on Linkedin